Terms and conditions
This website is owned and operated by Balance Family Law Pty Ltd (ACN 630 901 165) t/as Balance Family Law (“we” and “us”).
By accessing and using this website, or viewing, following or liking any of our social media pages, you agree to be bound by and comply with the following Terms and Conditions (“Terms”):
1. These Terms are governed by the laws of the Australian Capital Territory, and each party submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Australian Capital Territory.
Use of the material on our website
2. We grant you license to use this website in accordance with these Terms, and for lawful purposes consistent with the purpose of this website.
3. You may use this website for your own personal, non-commercial use.
4. You must not use this website in any way that that is not authorised by us, and may:
- a. cause you or us to breach any law, regulation, rule or legal obligation;
- c. interfere with anyone else using our website;
- d. tamper or modify with our website, including but not limited to causing any virus to be uploaded to our website; or
- e. would bring us or this website into disrepute.
5. The use of this website does not in any way create a solicitor-client relationship between you and us, until such time as you have received a letter of engagement from us.
Content is general in nature
6. The content of this website is general in nature and does not take into account your specific needs and circumstances, and reliance on any information contained on our website is at your own risk.
7. The information provided on this website does not constitute legal advice.
8. You acknowledge that we own all intellectual property rights for this website and that nothing on this website constitutes a transfer of any intellectual property rights from us to you or any third party.
9. In respect to any Online Documents created through our website, you agree that the Online Documents generated are wholly owned by us and that we own the copy write on any Online Documents obtained through our website.
10. Online Documents are made available for your personal use per these terms. You are not permitted to transmit, distribute, copy or resell the Online Documents in whole or in part for any purpose without written authorisation from us.
11. Notwithstanding the above, you are permitted to download and use the Online Documents, and where possible, edit the documents for your personal use only.
12. You acknowledge that the Online Documents, where they are generated through an online interview process, may contain mistakes, errors and/or inaccuracies, and you agree to indemnify us with respect to such mistakes, errors and/or inaccuracies.
13. You agree that in the event a solicitor-client relationship is formed subsequent to the use of Online Documents, the only party permitted to be our client is the party who entered their personal contact information into our website. The other party may be required to obtain independent legal advice on the document.
14. We make no warranties that the content of this website is:
- a. complete, accurate, reliable, up-to-date and suitable for a particular purpose;
- b. access will be uninterrupted, error-free or free from viruses; or
- c. our website will be secure.
15. You agree that the use of this website and reliance on its contents is at your own risk.
Liability and indemnity
16. Insofar as it is permitted by law,
- a. we take no responsibility for any loss, damage or expense suffered by you or any third party arising from or in connection with your use of our website or its content, any disruptions in the access to our website or the inaccuracy of the content of our website; and
- b. you indemnify us against any liability suffered by you or any third party from or in connection with the use of our website, or any breach of these Terms, with such indemnity continuing after these Terms have ended.
Third party websites
17. Where our website contains a link to another website that is not owned or operated by us, you acknowledge that we do not control, endorse or approve of, and are not responsible for the content on those websites.
Issues and complaints
18. If you experience any problems with our website, including any inaccuracies in the content of our website, you should raise this with us as soon as possible.
19. If you have any complaints about our website or its content, you should contact us immediately in writing. We will respond to any such complaints as soon as possible.
20. If a provision of these Terms is invalid or unenforceable, it is to be read down or severed to the extent necessary without affecting the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Amendments and discontinuing
21. We may, from time to time, amend these Terms and your continued use of our website subsequent to any amendments are deemed to be confirmation that you accept those amendments, and will continue to be bound by these Terms.
22. We have a right to discontinue our website at any time without notice to you. We are not liable for any losses suffered as a result of this website, or your access to this website being discontinued.